Friday, March 29, 2013

Lead By Example



Today I had the privilege of hearing that my decision to go on this journey and the changes I’ve made have inspired those around me to try to improve their own lives, as well. That was really touching. And exciting. That means I’m not just saying I’m changing, I actually am, and others are noticing. And others are helped by it. So many beautiful concepts in there that fill me with joy.

Not only am I leading by example, but I’m viewing everyone I encounter as a teacher. So the feeling is mutual. It’s like what Elizabeth Gilbert says in Eat Pray Love. The Physics of the Quest: If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you.

Just remember to keep going. It’s a choice you make every single day. You can’t hear something like I heard today and then decide to coast. You must always strive to be better. Always strive to come from a place of empathy and love. Always strive to free yourself from any false perceptions (aka negative perceptions). See the opportunity behind the crisis. Always give love.

No comments:

Post a Comment