Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Reaping the Results



Good things are happening that are a direct result of these changes I am making. I feel like I haven’t even implemented all of my changes too much, but the mere change in my state of mind is influencing everything around me way more than I thought. A co-worker I’d had some disagreements with before and I have an excellent paradigm set up for brainstorming, communicating our ideas, respecting each other’s expertise, creating a united front before getting in front of the rest of the team, and just an overall sense of ease and collaboration. We were stepping on each other’s toes for a bit, and we both got a little upset, but we had a couple big talks and we have completely turned it around. I truly believe that my decision to push through my stubborn ego and address the main issues and leave the rest has really helped this to be what it is now. Obviously the co-worker has as much to do with it as I do, so I am just so proud of the both of us for this accomplishment.

After my breakthrough the other day about my feelings of guilt and unworthiness (which may have been holding me back in my job, as well), I feel a renewed sense of excitement and purpose as it pertains to my tasks at work. All day I was curious and excited while doing some research, sharing my findings and answering some questions vital to our project. It didn’t go unnoticed.

Sadly I just got sick, but despite that, I am still in a great mood. I see my life as limitless. I see endless possibilities in front of me, and for the areas of my life that are still stuck, I see the doors and walls around me that just have to be knocked down to reveal their distant horizons.

It all starts from within. It really does start with truly wanting to make a change. You can get your ego in-line if you really want to. You can justify these changes to yourself if you really want to. It is natural. It isn’t easy, but it is natural – so natural that it is a bit scary and makes you feel a little vulnerable. That's just because you don't trust it yet. But then you feel so strong. Start conquering all the fears that life has branded you with; start seeing EVERY situation and person as an opportunity for you to grow, realize some deep truths about yourself and to share love. You don’t have to defend yourself from everyone! You don’t have to defend yourself against YOU! Love yourself. Really, truly love yourself. You’ve done the best you could with the scars you’ve received, and you still keep going. And you can keep going, because life is never stagnant unless you specifically set it up that way - and even then it won't be forever. Life is always changing. You get to have a say in where it goes. Weird things will happen, sometimes horrible, and sometimes good, but you get to choose how to interpret it. When horrible things happen, take a look within yourself and notice how incredibly strong you are. Notice how you can share LOVE with others during a difficult time.

That is how you experience happiness. That is how you experience fulfillment. Figure out how you can grow and share love in every situation and every encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment