Thursday, March 14, 2013

There Is No Evil, Just Fear



I feel like in order to live a truly spiritual life you have to first reject idea of evil. Believing in evil keeps you thinking that there is an enemy; there is a fight. It keeps you separate from your fellow human beings, spirits, etc. It keeps you disconnected from the Love and Light in the Universe. I believe that there is no evil, and there are no evil people. There are just dangerous people who have been filled with so much fear, who are trying to protect themselves and their thoughts by lashing out at others. Again, there is definitely danger, and there are dangerous people, but I just do not believe in evil anymore. There is only Love and Fear and the constant choice within each of us to choose one or the other.

Before my journey, I had no faith in people. I felt that people were selfish, and that was that. My goal in life was to determine in what ways people were selfish, what their motives were, what their intentions were and why they did “nice” things (aka what they get out of it) such that I could protect myself from them. Such that I could be one step ahead and be able to predict outcomes and probable future scenarios and problems as much as possible. I was really good at it and I was almost always right (in fact I can’t think of a time when I wasn’t confirmed in being correct). But this was all out of fear. The same fear that I saw in others. Now I know that under all that people have a desire to love and be loved; to accept and be accepted. Within that truth, there is a capacity for people to change. Not everyone does change, but given the right life lessons, the right willingness, and the right reasons, people can truly make realizations that cause them to see life differently. That change, as always, has to come from within them. People can give them suggestions, advice and guidance, but they have to do something with it. They have the ultimate choice to reject or accept it.

I’m so pleased to see those around me making major steps on their own journeys. I don’t know how much I have or have not influenced it, but it can’t hurt. Leading by example is the greatest teaching method of all. I may have felt down lately and as if I’d lost my way a little, but I’ve come really far and my efforts at dealing with people differently have been noticed and are being reflected back to me. It is so fantastic to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment