Monday, April 1, 2013

Busy Bee



I’ve been a busy bee. Buzzing from one place to another for events; cleaning and organizing; doing laundry; watching The Walking Dead Season 3 Finale; visiting my parents for Easter and doing some household projects, such as assembling a shelf, buying decorative storage bins and creating some interesting decorations for tabletops and whatnot. Needless to say, I have been on the go nonstop. I know that’s going to catch up with me soon.

However, I’ve been loving every bit of it. When I start to feel stressed or overwhelmed, I try to minimize the plans as much as possible and then work hard to adjust my perspective and mindset such that I don’t manifest the stress and hardships that I am dreading. I’m doing pretty well so far.

Now that I’ve imagined myself as a fully-fledged adult and have walked around in the image to see what my mindset is like, I’ve been very successful in cleaning, organizing and buying what is necessary for a cheap yet elegant solution for my storage needs. Now I have a few areas of my house all “Zen”. It is quite relaxing to take a look around that area. Now just the other areas…

The important thing is that I am enjoying it, and I’m not letting myself feel too stressed out about it. It will come. I’m making excellent progress. Now that I have the right mindset, and the determination to keep things tidy, it will all happen naturally. My creativity is allowed to join in and make the process enjoyable.

I’ve been socializing with “new” people, too. Not necessarily new people, but building a connection with some I’m around a lot but don’t know all that well. I’ve completely absorbed the idea of “If you want a friend, act like a friend” so I’m happy to say that my usual judgment of others to determine if they are worth any effort as a friend is not present this time around. Just give love. Ask about their life. Be interested. Sometimes I will catch myself taking an idea and running somewhere else with it in my mind, and my eyes glaze over. But I snap right out of it and focus back in on the person talking. I can really tell all the effort and changes that I’ve applied to myself. I’m really proud of myself.

It can only get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment