Friday, April 5, 2013

Be a Friend to Get a Friend



Today was fantastic!

I got to really test out all my new socializing skills. “To get a friend, be a friend.” Getting rid of all the introverted-ness. Relating to them and asking about how the other person is. Like, good questions. Not crappy ice breaker stuff. Not crappy small talk stuff. Really digging in deep and showing compassion for the other person. And I got to do this with celebrities, essentially. People who have been on tv, or people in the circle of those on tv. I wasn’t star struck. I did worry at times, making sure I didn’t appear to be star struck, but I really wasn’t. I mean, I was excited to meet them, don’t get me wrong!! But I wasn’t hyperventilating or obsessing or anything. I was just a human being, and they were human beings. It was very real and authentic. It was awesome!

And you know what, I found my next step! I made a connection, and then time went by, and I guess in my head I just sorta checked the box for socializing, but at the end of the event, I got a hug and a comment wishing me well on something we’d discussed earlier. How exciting is that! I didn’t even expect it! It’s like the follow-through of the initial socializing.

Okay, saying all of this makes it sound like I’ve never interacted with people before. I have, obviously, and I can definitely make connections with people. But I’ve been picky, and just the right scenario has to take place, and the topics have to be something I have opinions about. That’s the old me. The new me has a completely different perspective on how to interact with people and is more aware of how I’m coming off and how that affects the reality I manifest. If I act like I’m not sure if they should be bothered by conversing with me, they won’t want to converse with me. If I’m all excited and interested in them, then they will want to talk to me! It’s as simple as that. Be loving, caring and authentic, and you can’t go wrong. That’s all anyone ever wants. I probably normally would have felt like, why should they bother talking to me, I have nothing interesting to say, and I have no idea how to do small talk. But not anymore! I did so well, I’m so proud of myself! And now I just need to take the next step – remember to follow through! It isn’t just a one-time socializing thing – confirm your interest later on! If you are being that loving person, they will definitely want to keep in touch, or at least say goodbye and wish you well.

So awesome. So proud of myself. The sky is the limit for me. My life is going to turn around so much from everything I am learning and applying. I feel nothing but love right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment