Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Everything Will Be Okay



A few days ago I was in a Love drought. I was anxious and stressed out, and I knew that, for the most part, I was the only one to blame. No one was putting this stress on me – I was doing it to myself. I knew logically that everything was fine, but I just felt this intense pressure and stress that was causing my heart to pound rapidly, my temper to be short and my temperature to rise. I kept telling myself, “Be careful right now. Be careful right now.” For some reason it was really hard to focus on being present. I guess I was in my own little world a little too much. I concentrated really hard on being aware of how I was coming off and being giving and loving to those around me.

I tried to find some time during the day to break away and check in with myself. Instead of letting all my thoughts float around at the same time, I focused on specific words.

Everything is okay. Things that you’re stressing out about will work out fine.

Don’t feel stressed out and feel like you’re going to get attacked – that will change the experience you have. Instead of getting defensive, approach things calmly. Pose questions and opinions you have in an intriguing way. There’s no reason for it to be defensive. This is a chance to shine and spread love, not to be stressed out. It’s not necessary. It’s going to be fine. It’s going to make life better now and later if you can control that. Remain calm. No one is trying to attack you – you don’t have to defend yourself.

Don’t worry about things. They will work out.

I’m going to have a beautiful day, because I get to decide how to perceive things. I choose to perceive things in a positive way. I choose to be happy.

From then on, I was good. I just had to get centered. I had to get balanced. Somehow I’d gotten off balance. I think because I’ve been so busy, even though a lot of it has been enjoyable, like my big garden project I spent all weekend on, and of course all my activities and big events coming up. I probably just feel really overwhelmed. I just needed a moment to remind myself that everything is okay, and I needed to really hear, absorb and believe that statement.

How often do you need to remind yourself that everything will be okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment