Friday, April 26, 2013

Ask and You Shall Receive



Okay, this is getting creepy now. In a good way.

I know that I’ve made great progress in my journey. I know that I’ve made some big changes. But somehow I felt like the changes were still not noticeable, or at least not really significant.

Wrong!

Good things are being said about me throughout the office. Multiple people have given me very positive feedback. I’m being noticed now. It’s a big deal.

Not only that, but it feels like unexpected opportunities are being thrown my way! The office knows I’m artistic as well as a skilled engineer, so I’m being suggested for some graphics tasks that could actually help my team get a foot in the door for some even bigger opportunities. So that’s a double opportunity right there!

Plus, of course, this blog. I feel like I’m seeing some opportunities to get my words out there in the world, as well.

That’s not even taking into account my huge strides on communication, conflict resolution, etc.

Believe me when I say that all you have to do is ASK, and you shall receive. If you are can be open and make a pure and honest decision to follow your heart and purpose, big changes will happen in your life. Big ones. It may feel like you’ve only made small changes, but no. It’s a big deal. It shines through in everything you do. When you are coming from a place of love, the world falls all over itself to help you (I feel like I may have stolen that line from Marianne Williamson or Gabrielle Bernstein or something).

We’ve grown up to think that that’s silly. But it’s not. It’s really not. I’ve seen it in others, but it is so much more powerful when you see it in your own life.

Again, you’ve seen my thought process. You’ve seen it change. You’ve seen what I’ve been working through. I no longer take things personally at work. I now know how to separate out all the bits and pieces when I get upset about something, separate out what was said or done and what I perceived, and then address whatever needs to be addressed and just deal with the rest and realize it can’t hurt me and just let it pass. I’ve worked on accepting others and judging less. I’ve also worked on speaking with authority and learning how to communicate better with my team. I’ve become infinitely less defensive. I’ve reigned in my feelings of guilt. I’ve become more present and more giving in conversations, which has helped my ability to socialize, both inside and outside work.

Those are just a few big ones. I can also now witness a Victoria’s Secret commercial without becoming violently depressed and angry. That really doesn’t sound like much, but it really is. That’s the sort of thing that greatly improves my quality of life.

I’m nowhere near perfect. I mean, I am ;) but I’m not. And honestly that is so exciting.

Here’s a NEW fear I have: Now I see that whole “fear of success” thing. I didn’t know what that felt like at all until probably today. I think that’s what it is, at least. I’ve always done what was expected of me, and now to have opportunities to do what I love thrown my way… with expectations on THAT… it just feels weird. Now in a bad way, really. It’s just different. Now I don’t want to disappoint MYSELF, as opposed to disappointing anyone else. Quite a different feeling. A new feeling. But I like it.

Do you believe that the Uni-verse will support you if you follow your heart? If you don’t believe it, would you be willing to entertain the idea? You’d be so surprised…

No comments:

Post a Comment