Monday, April 8, 2013

Shine Like Neon



After such an amazing weekend, starting the work week sucked. I instantly did not want to be there. After having such an uplifting, rock star, joyful weekend with my second family, everything else and everyone else was just unacceptable. I was aware I felt this way and I tried to do what I could to get back into the loving mood with my co-workers. I at least had patience. I put on some music and got in the zone, crushing a whole lot of work, but my mood teeter-tottered on the verge of stressed/annoyed and calm over the course of the day. I guess the weekend spoiled me. Reality check!

Then I went to my dance classes. So excited! That’s where my soul lights up. I’d decided to experiment with these brightly colored tights… and I somewhat regret that decision, haha. I had a theme of black and neon yellow, and the tights I wore were blinding! I just ran with it though. In between classes I went to a coffee shop, and the couple in front of me in line may or may not have been whispering about me. Guess how I handled it? I giggled! I found it funny that I may have stood out enough in their lives to warrant some whispering. I found it a little empowering, actually. I knew I looked a little odd and laughable and I genuinely did not care. I was glad to be of entertainment to them and a topic of conversation. It was my pleasure!

I really sense this deep confidence; this underlying light within me. It is coming up. I feel like I am well on my way to being where I am supposed to be in life. That feeling is helping me do some prep-work for whatever is soon to come… and I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment