Monday, February 25, 2013

Re-Invent Yourself and Your Life



More changes are happening. I’m able to let events happen and let words pass through me. I’m able to take what resonates and leave the rest. It’s not perfect, but I’m definitely noticing improvement. I recently had someone in my life ask if I’d taken care of something, and I didn’t have time to look into it really, and I thought I hadn’t. So I proceeded to get lectured. Normally I’d get all defensive and upset and feel like a failure and have all of these emotions. This time, I just accepted the comments and moved forward with what I could do. Turns out I’d misunderstood, and I had taken care of it, anyway… but the important part here is that I didn’t let the lecture bring me down. I even accepted validity in it and made a mental note to work on that aspect of myself.

It’s important to know that even when you screw up, you are not a failure. Beating yourself up, attacking back, defending yourself – all of these things are wasted energy. Well, actually I’m only taking into account things that are not moral-based. So let’s ignore moral-based screw-ups for now. Your typical daily screw-ups do not make you a failure. Even semi-big screw ups do not make you a failure. Really, even the huge things are still just part of being human, but that takes a whole other level of acceptance and love that I am not quite at yet, so I’m starting small. Baby steps. All you can do is move forward – learn from your mistakes, face your fears, get to the root of the problem and push on. Don’t dwell. Don’t hate yourself. Work to improve your situation. Work to improve your habits, your thoughts and your life. “Every day is a chance to re-invent yourself.” That’s a quote from an old tv show that was on for a little while called Men In Trees from back in… 2007 or so. So many good quotes from that show, it’s really too bad it went away.

Who are you going to be today? How are you going to re-invent yourself? How are you going to re-invent your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment