Monday, February 4, 2013

Let Go, Stay Present and You Shall Receive



I feel like things are coming together. I’m working through my issues. Slow and steady progress. Yesterday I looked myself over in the mirror and decided I liked what I saw. I look fairly healthy and happy. I think when you look at yourself, you really do focus on individual flaws. You don’t look at the whole picture. It doesn’t even matter – everyone is beautiful and perfect in their own way – but even if you want to get superficial about it, you have to be fair to yourself and look at the whole picture. Stand outside yourself and take a look. Chances are it really isn’t as bad as you think it is.

The other day I had a small performance with a dance team I am on at a special event. The event had guest speakers, and I decided to really be present in the moment and pay attention. I only saw a couple speakers, but they were really relevant! One of the presentations was about starting your own blog! I just started this one recently, so I was quite interested in what the speaker had to say. A friend also shared with me the concept of the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) called Tapping. Basically you tap places on your body, sometimes reciting affirmations, and it helps alleviate negative feelings, either emotional or physical. I’d never even heard of it before, but I’ve already made use of it! The Tapping World Summit site has some good videos that even talk about facing your problems. Right up the alley of things I’m trying to do right now!

It’s so funny how life just opens up and brings you what you need when you finally open up and ask for it! I always felt like no one thought like me; no one understands me; everyone around me is just not on my level at all. Ever since I decided that I needed to accept people for who they are, and that maybe I shouldn’t be writing them off, suddenly I’ve found all sorts of people who think like me, understand me and even inspire me! The second I stopped being obsessed with finding something was exactly when I started to find it. So cool how that works. You often hear about that concept as far as people looking for relationships, but it works with more than just that. You just have to be open to noticing things and letting things come to you instead of targeting something and muscling your way towards it.

Take advantage of every moment. I could have been annoyed at having to listen to speakers, and I could have left. But I stayed – and I was rewarded with some very interesting information. Stay grateful and stay open to everything life has to offer. You do not have a crystal ball, and you do not know the depths of what something has to offer. Be present in the moment, and take full advantage of the opportunities that come your way. You may be surprised.

I think it is a really good practice to look back over the previous year and make note of just how much happened. I find it helps me have hope for the future. Normally, I would just feel “stuck” and like I’ll never meet people; never find such-and-such activity; never [insert your own dream here]. But when you look back over the year, you notice just how much life can change in such a short time. This time last year I was just about to discover the dance studio that is now the joy of my life. Less than a year ago I met the boyfriend that changed my life and got me started on this journey simply by being himself and making me see past the judgments I usually hold for people. I changed jobs, went to concerts and took a trip to Hawaii by myself. I discovered the book The Untethered Soul which is now my Bible, and I can’t imagine life without the knowledge I learned in that book. So much has happened. It is pretty amazing and exciting to know just how much changed, and to know that just as much will change over the next year!

Life keeps going and life keeps changing. You never know who you will meet and how it will impact your life. You never know what new realizations you will make that change your outlook on life forever. Look for growth and positivity, and you will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment