Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Don't Waste Another Moment of Your Life!!!



I just watched an old teenage girl movie from the early 2000s, and this sadness came over me. I just realized how much of my life I wasted being miserable because I didn’t realize how much power I had. I had so many opportunities and platforms for re-inventing myself and/or creating such a more fulfilling life, and I didn’t even know that I could do that. So many opportunities are gone now. I thought this was just how I was. I thought my perception was the only truth. I thought I truly was how others judged me. I thought my personality and my characteristics were permanent. I thought I wasn’t worthy of happiness and confidence. It is really, really sad looking back now. If I had only known how the mind works, and how we manifest our limiting beliefs, I could have had such a different life. I could have been happy. I could have been influential. I could have been a better friend. I could have dedicated myself to my passions and dreams. I just didn’t know. I had no idea.

What movie you ask? Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. I’d never seen it before. The girl is a liar for most of it, but aside from that, she never let anything get her down. She was always open to opportunities and confident to find a way to make things work out, and even when they didn’t she found the silver lining. Aside from the lying, that is such an amazing way to live. That’s how I should have been! That’s how we all should be! She didn’t care what the popular girls thought. She didn’t care what anyone thought. She was in her own little world, expressing herself and chasing after her passions. She fully participated in creating the life she desired, and she never gave up.

At that age, I was hiding away because I thought I was worthless.

It’s so sad. It is so incredibly sad. Such a shame. I denied myself happiness. I denied myself joy. I denied myself adventure. I denied myself everything.

I know - that’s not how I should look at it. And I’m not, but it is definitely worth paying respects to a life virtually wasted at will. Now I know better. Now I can live an authentic life. Now I can tell myself that I deserve happiness, and I deserve a full and joyful life. Now I can do something about it. I don’t know what exactly, but I will figure it out. The sky is the limit.

I’ve officially given myself permissions to love life and to have life love me back.

Don’t waste another second of your life! YOU have control over your reality. YOU get to decide whether something is the end-of-the-world or a fun and exciting obstacle to overcome. YOU get to decide if you will search for the worst in everyone and everything, or if you will bring out the light in every situation. You don’t even realize how much control you have. Don’t waste another moment believing that things just are the way they are. That is a lie. It is so easy to feel that way, and to convince yourself of the illusion, but it is NOT TRUE. Don’t rob yourself of life.

Read The Daily Love, read this blog, read The Untethered Soul, read SOMETHING and educate yourself about why you feel so limited. Please! Every second you don’t know it is a tragedy. A complete tragedy. You don’t even know. You just don’t even know. One day, when you figured it out, you will look back and you will cry for your lost years. You will feel how tragic it is. Don’t waste another second. Don’t steal more joy away from yourself.

YOU deserve happiness. YOU are smart, beautiful/handsome, clever, creative and WORTHY. You are unique in your own beautiful ways, and you are robbing yourself and everyone around you of your amazing presence and gifts by not believing in yourself.

Whew, okay. Had to get that out. I’m still a little weepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment