Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The End of the Cocoon Year



Happy New Year!

As a new year begins, we should all take the time to reflect over the past year. I basically started this blog a year ago, and I’ve made some unimaginable progress on personal growth and happiness. I’ve been able to identify my triggers, and have gained some control over them. I have learned that our thoughts and our emotions are not tied to our identity – we are the soul and spirit that witnesses our thoughts and emotions. I’ve learned that we do not have to look at things critically, and to NOT look at things critically does not make you foolish – it makes you better prepared to get out there and make a difference. I’ve begun listening to my heart, and giving it permission to want things out of life. Allowing it to dream and have passions. Previously, I thought I didn’t deserve anything more – I was already lucky and had a life full of opportunities, how could I be so selfish as to want MORE? But that’s not even in the same ball park as what my heart was calling for. The more you get in touch with your own spirit and your own passions and joys, the more the WORLD will benefit. You go into the world with your own inner-abundance or your own inner-lack, and you treat everything and everyone you meet accordingly. The more inner-abundance, confidence and joy you have, the more you have to give. Cultivate it, because it is your spirit source.

I’ve healed or at least begun healing multiple relationships in my life. I’ve even noticed that I had abandoned some relationships simply because I imagined in my mind that they wanted nothing to do with me. For some, I’ve corrected that. For others, I tried, and nothing was reciprocated. Such is life! But I’m proud of myself for beginning a healthy behavioral habit.

I took a couple wonderful trips by myself, one to Hawaii which was a wonderful place to begin my journey, and one on a mini local road trip. I now feel a lot more competent and less self-conscious going out on my own.

The other day, I told a co-worker that I would be working all week this week. Later he came back to me very confused and said that I stated I would be at work all week, when today, the first of January, was a national holiday. Normally, I believe I would have gotten upset at this. Someone assuming I had misspoken; assuming I had screwed up. But I didn’t feel that way at ALL! I smiled and said that was correct, I was working on the holiday, and I thanked him for being concerned, because for all he knew I wasn’t aware that we didn’t have to work on New Year’s Day. It didn’t hit my triggers at ALL! Later, when I realized what that interaction represented, I was SO HAPPY and PROUD of myself!

It’s very important to reflect on how far you’ve come, and to give yourself the proper congratulations on all your successes. Although I didn’t have many big and flashy milestones this year, it was a year of inner transformation. I call this my Cocoon Year. I was previously a caterpillar, and this year I somewhat shut myself off from the world to just work on ME and focus on ME. But even over the last couple weeks, I’ve begun to feel this extreme joy and energy rising up in me. All these ideas are starting to form; All this hope, creativity and determination. I can tell I’m right on the verge of becoming a butterfly, and I KNOW that 2014 will be full of amazing things for me! I can’t wait!!

Believing in yourself is truly the only skill you need to MASTER, and everything else is fine as a work in progress. As long as you believe in yourself, anything is possible, and any outcome is a blessing.

So my New Year’s Resolutions are as follows:

1) Make my joys and passions a priority
2) Treat myself and my body with love and kindness, both physically and mentally/emotionally
3) Believe in myself!

What have you learned this year? What resolutions do you have for 2014? I’d love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I actually share all 3 of your NY resolutions. I'm happy I discovered your blog today. I'll take some time during my holidays to go through your previous posts. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that! Welcome, and Happy New Year! :)

      Delete