Friday, January 3, 2014

Take Some Time for Yourself



Oops, I think I burned myself out. I’ve been working extra hours and over holidays to minimize the paid time off (PTO) I’m using, and I’ve been extremely happy and friendly lately. But I think I’ve finally started to hit my limit. I’m becoming exhausted now, and I got some moments today where I noticed some grumpiness try to sneak in. It’s natural and it was bound to happen. I’m just going to be gentle with myself, take any time that I need, and remind myself that I don’t have to do anything if I’m not up for it. Sometimes simply giving myself permission to cancel plans replenishes the energy I need to actually go through with them.

We have to take care of ourselves and replenish the reservoir from which we give our love and kindness to others. We have to feel our feelings, and acknowledge any sadness we have. For example, I think I feel a little lonely. I know great things are ahead in my life as long as I believe in myself, so I almost feel like this loneliness is out of place, but whatever, there it is. Logic doesn’t change what it is.

Sometimes when we burn ourselves out, we simply need some time to be lazy and air out all the unpleasant feelings. Luckily, I have so many tools available to me to get my happy place back. I just bought some yoga for beginners DVDs, and of course I have all the books and blogs that I adore. I also now have my inner-cheerleader that I have manifested into existence!

When you have your low moments, remember that you are the spirit witnessing those emotions. Remember not to identify with those emotions, and remember that they will pass. You know the truth deep down, and that will keep the sadness from saturating your heart. Just nurture your soul back to health, and take whatever time you need to relax and replenish. You deserve it, and the rest of the world will be better off for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment