Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Who You Are is How You See Yourself



Who you are is how you see yourself.

This truth can be denied or it can be abused. Hopefully, you will use it to empower yourself and to spread Love to the world.

I’m just now starting to realize this and to harness the incredible power it places in my hands. I can still see when that truth slips out of my fingers and I judge myself, instead. I can tell when I have a sudden drop in confidence. But I also know that those moments are just opportunities for more growth.

I guess in a way I’m judging myself more – no, I’m just understanding myself. I can instantly analyze a situation and notice if I’m slouching because I’m embodying an air of inferiority. I realize my mistake and I let the confidence straighten me up. I don’t straighten up to SEEM confident – I remember my confidence, and it does the rest. There’s a difference.

Look at the characteristics you admire in others. They believe in themselves. That belief begets everything else. Don’t work on “seeming” a certain way – work on BEING it and, in time, if you believe in yourself, others will have no choice but to believe in you, too. And even if they don’t – whatever! You were just using them to believe in yourself, anyway, and now you don’t need that!

Think about actors. The same person can act and carry themselves a different way and come off as a completely different person. Maybe you think it “isn’t you” to be a certain way. Well, it’s not, because it’s not about being “a certain way”, it’s literally just about believing in yourself and having confidence, and whatever is your way of expressing it may be different than someone else’s, but it will be your own version of that very “certain way”.

Try it. See how it feels. I dare you to go around for a whole day pretending like you think you are the most brilliant, beautiful, stunning, intelligent, dominating person around – but also that you are humble and don’t feel the need to show off or put people down. Believe that it just emanates from you without even trying. BELIEVE it. Look people smack in the eye when you pass by them. Hold your head up high when you walk. Speak without it sounding timid or like a question. Declare your opinions, giving room for other opinions, but commanding respect and confidence behind your own.

I’ll try it tomorrow, too. Let’s see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment