Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Ugly Truth



I’m getting a pretty bad vibe in life right now. I’m witnessing the ugly truth for a lot of things right now. I don’t like how manipulative, cut-throat and aggressive people can be sometimes. It’s childish. And yet, the world seems to work that way. Everyone has their own set of judgments, no matter how screwed up and wrong they are. Almost everyone is just trying to get by with what they know, living the way they learned to cope. Based on what people have gone through, they take some things more seriously than other things. They judge some things more harshly than other things. I just find it all so disrespectful and immoral. But I guess that’s just my own version of it…

And then there’s people being inconsiderate. So many examples of it. Just running around on auto-pilot not thinking of anyone else. Not thinking of conversations people just had with you. Not thinking of common courtesies like not letting a door slam in the face of the person right behind you. People flaking on commitments. So, so many examples.

It makes me angry. It makes me not even want to try. What’s the point? But luckily I’m getting to a place where it affects me a little less. I have my moments of emotion, and then I can step back and realize that it doesn’t really matter, and it shouldn’t keep me from continuing to try. Maybe I just wasn’t meant to be involved with the inconsiderate people. Maybe I’m blessed to have the manners that I do. Maybe I’m here to keep people from getting too cut-throat. It is what it is, and it is not good, but I should just do what I can and not get too upset about it. It’s hard. But at least I can logically believe that now, even if I’m still working on it emotionally.

Is reality reeling its ugly head in your life right now? Can you relate to what I’m saying?

No comments:

Post a Comment